Securing a Safer Community for Our Schools
Alyssa’s Law was a good first step, but its basic requirements are inadequate for school safety. Our workshop is a must for any school that wants to learn the most effective way to improve safety and communications for lockdowns and physical security. We’ll explore the challenges a school faces when dealing with a threat like an active shooter and why the basic requirement for Alyssa’s Law doesn’t go far enough. We’ll then demonstrate effective solutions that meet those challenges while leveraging existing technologies like phone and PA systems. Finally, we’ll demonstrate additional tie-ins to video surveillance and access control systems to provide a complete, comprehensive safety and communication solution. Our workshop will include school administrators and school safety expert guest speakers who will provide valuable insight into real life solutions to these security challenges.
Our event we will adhere to all CDC guidelines for an in-person event
including lunch which will be provided.
What can you expect:
Facilitated by a panel of school safety experts, learn tactics that are proven and successful in saving lives in emergency scenarios.
In this session, you will learn:
• The challenges a school faces during a lockdown or active shooter event.
• Why Alyssa’s Law falls short of fully preparing schools for a lockdown.
• The 3 principles every technology needs to address to be effective in a
• How to leverage your existing technology such as phone and PA systems to
create a comprehensive, cost-effective solution to improve school safety.
• How to integrate all your communication technologies to improve school safety.
• What other districts have done to successfully improve the safety within their