Eastern DataComm brings you this complimentary educational workshop designed to assist school leaders in understanding how best to leverage technology to create safer school environments for students, faculty, and staff.
We will not only explore the key elements of the school safety ecosystem but will also examine the role that emergency notification solutions, phone and paging systems, access control, and video surveillance play when it comes to responding effectively to an emergency.
Dates and Locations
- Thursday, October 6th – Maggiano’s Little Italy in Hackensack, NJ
- Tuesday, October 11th – Hartford Marriott Downtown in Hartford, CT
- Wednesday, October 12th – Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa in Stamford, CT
- Tuesday, October 18th – Maggiano’s Little Italy in Cherry Hill, NJ
- Wednesday, October 19th – Maggiano’s Little Italy in Bridgewater, NJ
NOTE: Seating is limited. We encourage those interested in participating to register early to secure their spot.
- 10:30 am to 11:00 am – Registration & Check-In
- 11:00 am to 1:30 pm – Interactive Presentation with Audience Q&A, inclusive of live demonstrations of effective emergency notification, access control, and video surveillance technologies
- 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm – Table Discussions/Networking, Closing Remarks, & Adjournment
** Lunch will be served at no cost for all registered attendees.**
Purpose and Objectives
Our educational experience is a must for school officials seeking to learn the most effective ways to improve safety and communications for lockdowns and the overall physical security of their campuses. We’ll explore the challenges a school faces when dealing with a threat like an active shooter and why the basic requirements and recent legislation often fall short when creating a fully encompassing school safety ecosystem. We’ll then demonstrate effective solutions that meet those challenges while leveraging existing technologies like phone and PA systems. Finally, we’ll showcase additional tie-ins to video surveillance and access control systems to provide a complete, comprehensive safety and communication solution.
This workshop will share insights referencing key learnings from previous active shooter events that made headlines across the country and provide actionable solutions to help prevent such tragedies from happening again. We’ll conclude with a discussion featuring thought leaders in education and technology, along with an audience Q&A period. We encourage all who attend to come ready with questions they’d like to have answered during this time.
The key to an effective emergency notification solution is its ability to interconnect with other communication technologies. Systems like phones, paging, bells, clocks, video surveillance, access control, and automated emergency notification should work together in unison as one overall safety and communications solution. When done right, communicating and responding to threats becomes much more effective. In addition, the overall solution will improve day-to-day communications, providing enormous value to the district. This workshop will give you the blueprint on how to do this properly for all the school buildings within your district.
After participating in our educational workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Speak to what challenges typically exist for schools when facing a lockdown or active shooter event.
- Understand how a school can monitor all outside doors to ensure an active shooter cannot simply walk into a school, having access to all rooms and people present within.
- Know what current legislation dictates for school safety and identify where there are gaps that can lead to opportunities of failure when executing school safety protocols.
- Learn and apply the 3 principles that every technology needs to address to best work in conjunction with their Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).
- Recognize what potential physical safety and emergency notification vulnerabilities may exist on their campus.
- Understand how to leverage existing technology (or upgrade when needed) to create an improved school safety ecosystem that leads to a safer campus environment.
- See the value in fully integrated safety solutions that encompass phone, paging, emergency notification, access control, and video surveillance.
- Learn from the examples of other school systems who have successfully taken a holistic, comprehensive approach to school safety.
- K–12 Superintendents and Business Administrators
- School Safety and Security Professionals
- School District IT Professionals
- Higher Education Administrators
- Those entrusted with ensuring the safety of school district students, faculty, and staff within your district
There is no fee associated with registering for this event. Parking will be at the expense of the attendee.
Eastern DataComm’s Account Director & School Safety Advisor
Paul Jenne leads business development at Eastern DataComm, a safety and communications company that has served school districts, businesses, and municipalities for over 30 years. As a father of three, school safety is a topic that is near and dear to Paul’s heart. Paul has worked with hundreds of schools, teaching them how to create safer environments by leveraging effective technology. His goal is to help customers improve their day-to-day communications, but most importantly, assist them with finding cost-effective technology solutions to ensure they are best equipped to keep their communities safe.