Eastern DataComm implemented a variety of security technologies to help the Midland Park Public School District enhance school safety across three school
buildings and associated outdoor facilities.
• EDC’s Lockdown and Emergency Notification System (LENS) uses a patented system controller to integrate audio and visual components for near instantaneous communication across the entire district in the event of an emergency.
• Integration with the district’s existing IP telephony system allows administrators and staff to trigger notifications andlockdown procedures from phones throughout each school building.
• The system triggers screen-pop alerts on phones and computers throughout the three school buildings and the Board of Education office, along with pre-recorded audio messages over the school’s paging systems.
• Strobe lights and LED signboard messages provide visual cues for a large population of hearing-impaired students.
• Wireless radio speakers ensure that notifications reach all outdoor spaces, including parking lots and sports fields.
Safety-focused district enhances its security posture with Eastern DataComm’s Lockdown and Emergency Notification System.
The Midland Park Public School District makes a focused effort to create a safe learning environment for its students. District officials consider it a bed-rock obligation to the community.
“We constantly discuss security and safety measures, including emergency management procedures and how to improve them,” said Dr. Marie Cirasella, Superintendent. “It is a static agenda item when we meet as a team or when we meet with emergency management officials from the borough.”
The district serves approximately 1,000 students in prekindergarten through 12th grade in the borough of Midland Park,
in Bergen County, NJ the most populous county in the state. Its focus on school safety shows in the Department of Education annual report.
“Safety is part of our district philosophy,” said Cirasella. “Whenever an idea about improving safety and security comes forward, we always consider it.” That was the case last year when Cirasella and District Business Administrator Stacy Garvey learned of Eastern DataComm’s Lockdown and Emergency Notification System (LENS) from attending one of the educational seminars that the company hosts throughout the school year.
Designed from the ground up for emergency notification, LENS is a fully automated solution that integrates multiple audio and visual technologies to deliver nearly instantaneous event notification to reach everyone on school grounds (inside and outside). District officials welcomed an onsite demonstration from Eastern DataComm.